Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update...Yes, I am still here

I have been an awful blogger! I have not updated this blog in WEEKS and I have failed to visit all my "fav" blogs. Shame Shame on me!! But I have some very good reason as to why I have been M.I.A. for awhile...

Now that Adam is "unemployed" he is home with me every night. Ever since we have been married he has worked nights. So my nights consisted of making dinner and then hanging out on the couch blogging or blog stalking all night. Now that he is home every night that dont happen as much. I love having him home every night tho so I am not complaining at all!

Speaking of Adam being unemployed...He was laid off from his job at Target Distribution Center on April 1st. I was of course scared to death when we heard that he would be loosing his job. But as always God has pulled through and blessed us tremendously! Adam has had a part time job for over a year now working at a local BBQ restaurant. Well he was promoted to "Night Manager" after he was laid off which means a raise! So a few times a week he has to close the restaurant down. He is home by 8:30 so its not bad at all. Plus he gets to draw partial unemployment. So that helps! He is also in the process of enrolling in school for this fall. (That is if we can get enough financial aide....) So we shall see how that all pans out.

Adam made very good money at Target. So I knew after he was laid off that all "extra's" that we were used to (shopping...weekend trips...eating out) would soon be gone. Also my plan to pay off all credit cards this year would be gone as well because we would no longer have extra money. We would just be living paycheck to paycheck. Well God stepped in and blessed us MAJOR! Adam's Mom works for a Law Firm. They needed someone to clean both of their office 2 times a week. Adam's Mom threw our name out there and I went and met with them the week before Adam was laid off and we got the job!!! Of course cleaning is not the most "glamorous" job out there but it pays very very well. So well that just after a month of cleaning we have paid off 3 credit card bills and Adams car! Thank You JESUS!! God has blessed us more then I can even express.

As far as my job goes thankfully I still have one! I have survived 4 rounds of layoffs since last year. I work for an Advertising Agency so as you can imagine business is pretty slow. I did have to change departments tho. I used to be an Account Executive with my own book of clients. Well now I am in the Accounting Department as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. I actually like the new job and I am told it is one of the most secure departments to be in right now. So I am just Thanking God that I have the job (even on the days I want to run out of the office screaming and never come back!)

When my Parents divorced last year my Mom was the one to move out. She left and left my Dad and little brother in a home with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Well after a year of living there my Dad decided that was about as much of that as he could take. So he decided a few months back that him and my youngest brother would get an Apartment and rent out the house. So for the past 2 months every free day I get I have been helping move and clean everything out. When I moved out before I got married I never cleaned my room out. All I took were my clothes and a few things I needed. So needless to say I had alot to go through. It was quite the task cleaning out a house that you have lived in half of your life. But I am very very happy to report that it is now all done and the new tenants have moved in! Woo hooo! I am so happy to have that all done. Not only was it stressful moving everything out but it was also so sad. So many great memories of growing up and when my Mom & Dad were happy and in love still. But its time to move on. And now my Dad can finally have a fresh start and try and find happiness.

So there my story of where I have been! But I am back now and I promise to be a better blogger! And since I can not stand a post that does not have pictures I have to post some of my favorite little person :) My gorgeoud niece Raleigh! Isnt she the cutest???


Here she is wearing her Uncle Tyler's hat. She thought she was pretty darn cute :)

1 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute pictures! I'm so glad to hear that things are okay with your job. So glad that your husband got a new job and that yours is still okay.

Glad you're back!

XOXO
Jen