Tex Mex Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
I got this recipe out of the August issue of Rachael Rays magazine. It is deeeelicious!!!
I got this recipe out of the August issue of Rachael Rays magazine. It is deeeelicious!!!
Ingredients:
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Juice of 2 limes and 2 teaspoons grated peel, plus wedges for serving
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
Directions:
In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning and lime peel. In a shallow bowl, combine the buttermilk and half of the spice mixture. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour and the remaining spice mixture. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
Using tongs, dip the chicken fingers in the buttermilk, then coat with the flour; repeat for a second coating. Working in batches, add the chicken fingers to the skillet and cook until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a rack.
Cool and serve :)




































11 comments:
Looks so so good!
YUMMY!!! looks and sounds like something my family would enjoy eating. THANKS!!! for the GREAT!!! recipe. I have become a follower. If you have the time come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same. Geri
my kids would love these! yum!
Rachael can come up with some good "stuff!" Thanks for the recommendation. I would love to invite you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Please come check it out. Thanks so much for posting.
I'm a big fan of chicken tenders. It's great to see all the different recipes for them. Thanks for sharing!
these would make the family so happy
Oh my goodness. Those tenders sound great!! I am so glad you joined us for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. I will enjoy making these tenders for my family.
Smoked paprika, buttermilk,lime - how could you go wrong with this recipe. Sounds like I need to try this one.
Happy Twirls
I love chicken tenders and these look like they are just delicious!
Thanks for sharing. That looks like a great recipe. I will have to try that. Blessings.
This would be right up my alley. Lively chicken is the best. This week I did a tomato recipe to share:
http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/08/friday-feasts-tomato-salad.html
Post a Comment