Monday, October 20, 2008

New Recipe


I decided to try a new recipe for dinner tonight. It was delicious and Adam and I agree it is a new fav!

Chicken Lo Mein

1/2 lb spaghetti, uncooked
1/4 cup of Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen bell pepper and onion strips, thawed and drained
1/2 cup of fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/4 cup of lite soy sauce
2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
2 tbsp chopped Peanuts

COOK spaghetti in a large saucepan as directed on package
MEANWHILE, heat dressing in a large nonstick skillet on med-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stirfry for 3 min. or until chicken is no longer pink. Add vegetables, broth and peanut butter; stirfry and additional 3 to 4 min or until meat is cooked.
DRAIN spaghetti; return to pan. Add chicken mixture and soy sauce; mix well. Spoon onto serving platter; sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.

Makes 4 servings, 2 cups each.

I found this recipe in a Kraft magazine from last winter. It was yummy and look forward to making it again!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds delish! I am going to write it down and try it. I am always looking for new and easy recipes to try and this one sounds great!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Ooh that looks yummy, I love peanut sauces!