Monday, March 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

It has been awhile since I have done a Menu Plan Monday post. My week sure does go better tho when I plan our meals out in advance instead of going to the store every night after work to get stuff for dinner (like I did last week...) So this week I want to get back on track. Back to menu planning, cutting coupons and getting my grocery shopping done before Monday!

So here is what we have on our menu for this week:

Monday - Creamy Potato Pork Chop Bake, Corn & Biscuits
Tuesday - Pesto Pecan Pasta (recipe below)
Wednesday - Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Family in town so we will be eating out
Saturday - Grilled Chicken, Baked Potato & Salad

I'm really not sure what the name of Tuesdays meal is but this is the name I have given it. I got the recipe from one of my co-workers. And it is DELICIOUS!! It may sound a bit odd but TRUST ME it is awesome!!

Pesto Pecan Pasta

Ingredients:
1 box of linguine pasta - cooked & drained
1 cup of pecan halves
2 grilled chicken breasts - cut up
1 red pepper - sliced
1 yellow pepper - sliced
1 large jalapeno pepper - sliced
8-12 oz Pesto Sauce

Directions:
Cook sliced peppers in olive oil until soft. Then add pecans & chicken to heat up. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with pesto sauce. Serve over linguine pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.

If you would like to see other Menu Plan Monday posts head on over to Organizing Junkie. Each week over 400 women link up and post their menu's. I always get so many good ideas and find some new recipes when i visit other womens blogs to check out their Menu's for the week. Hope everyone has a great week!!

0 comments: