I am in the process of turning our spare bedroom (aka: catch all room) into my craft room :) 1st step is to find a way to organize all of my ribbon. I am a HUGE ribbon addict! So I decided to take a stab at making my own ribbon holder. So I made a much needed trip to Hobby Lobby. I could seriously go there every day and walk out with something each time!!
Here is what you need to make your very own Ribbon Holder:
Piece of wood - any size. Just depends on how big you want your ribbon holder to be.
Wooden Dowels - I bought the thickest ones I seen but if I make another one I will probably buy smaller ones because some of the holes on my spools of ribbon were to small to fit on the dowels.
I bought some super cute wrapping paper at Hobby Lobby. So after i pained the wood black I decoupaged the wrapping paper to the top of the wood piece. Then I pained the dowels in coordinating colors to match. After that I turned to my trusty hot glue gun to glue the dowels to the wood piece. Adam says we should have drilled them into the wood but it was 11:30 at night and I didnt have time for that nonsense hahaAnd here is the finished project with some of my ribbon.
I like the way it turned out! Cute, Cheap & Easy!~ My kind of project :) What do you do to organize your ribbon??
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Craft Room Orginazation - Ribbon Holder
Posted by Jessica at 7:00 AM
Labels: Craft Room Orginazation, Crafts, ribbon holder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

































3 comments:
That project is adorable!! I love it. :) I know this is super late, but I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. :)
Super Cute. I gave up on the spools and wrapped mine around clothespins and threw them in a jar- here's the link, check it out.
http://marinscreations.blogspot.com/2009/01/ribbon-organization.html
Very good idea! I just have all of my ribbon in a rubbermaid container, but I like your storage method much better!
Post a Comment