Today is Tasty Tuesday over at one of my favorite Blogs. I look forward to this day every week because I love seeing everyone's recipes. Most of my meal ideas come from Tasty Tuesday posts.
I LOVE the Food Network. So I was recently browsing their website and came across this recipe. It looked good and easy enough so I tried it. Let me tell you it was delicious! It is Adams new favorite thing for me to make. Plus it makes alot so we can have it for lunch the next day or even dinner!
Photo Courtesy of FoodNetwork.com Ingredients
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Make the rice, in a medium saucepan combine the rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until all the stock is absorbed into the rice, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Brown the sausage. Once browned, add the garlic, onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup chicken stock and cayenne. Cook until the stock has reduced a little. Add the cooked rice and parsley and stir thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.

































2 comments:
This looks good. I feel hungry now! Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking this would be a good potluck dish.
Thanks for sharing this recipe! I've printed it out as it looks like something my family would really enjoy. And it's not the same old hamburger meat or chicken, which I have a million recipes for! :)
Post a Comment