Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Taco Soup

Fall has FINALLY arrived here in Arkansas! I love this time of the year and I LOVE soup. Especially soup that can be put in the crock pot before I leave for work in the morning. This is one of my favorites!

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef (I left this out and it was still very very yummy!!)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
  • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • I also added 2 diced jalapenos from the garden. But my hubby and I like very spicy things!
Directions:
  1. In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
  2. Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
We served this topped with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. It was DELICIOUS and will make again and again! Plus it made so much that my hubby and I ate off of it for 2 days!!

Head on over to Balancing Beauty & Bedlam to see other Tasty Tuesday recipes.



3 comments:

Denise said...

I love anything I can just throw in the slow cooker when the days finally get cooler. I will have to try this one out, it sounds yummy :-)

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi there!

This sounds so delicious! I make a mexican soup very similiar to this.

I'm so glad you came by to enter my giveaway! Thank you also for posting both my buttons on your blog!!

Have a wonderful day!
Good luck in the drawing!

Sherri:)

Amanda said...

Hey girl, that soup sounds so good I'm going to give it a try when I get to Kentucky! We are going to the pumpkin patch up there too because the one we went to the other day was only open on Saturdays and Sundays :( I hope ya'll are doing good. I guess we will see you when the Holidays get here!