Monday, May 4, 2009

Friend Makin Monday's

Today Amber at {aefilkins} is hosting Friend Makin Mondays. Todays question is Name5 toays that remind you of your childhood. I could have come up with atleast 20 :) But here are my top 5 in no p articular order:


1.
Polly Pocket


2.
My Little Pony


3.
Little People!


4.
Cabbage Patch Kids


5.
Barbies! The totally hair barbie pictured was one of my favs :)



Head on over to Amber's blog and see what everyone else chose as there favorite childhood toys!


27 comments:

Krissy said...

Oh how I loved my prized polly pockets!

Xazmin said...

Awesome list! Polly Pockets were after my time...but I LOVE playing them with my girls now!

LOVE that barbie...I've never heard of that one...but that is some AWESOME hair!

Kelli said...

I love that you have a picture of what Little People used to look like! Classic.

Mrs. J L said...

polly pocket...that brings back so many memories!!!

onegirliegirl said...

Gotta love the Barbie Hair!!!

Awesome list! Memories...like the corners of my mind :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Good list! My girls love Polly Pockets. And Barbies are a classic!

XOXOX
Jen

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I forgot all about those Little People! Wow.

Rhonda said...

Hi, I forgot about Polly Pocket! What fun memories. I could have picked a lot more too. I tried to pick toys not everybody had or thought about.

Have a great week!

Rhonda said...

Hi, I forgot about Polly Pocket! What fun memories. I could have picked a lot more too. I tried to pick toys not everybody had or thought about.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

WOW! She has a lot of HAIR!! And the Polly Pockets back then were so wholesome...now they are all hoochie-mama!!!

Have a super week!

~Becca

Carol Kennon said...

I too forgot about the Little People. I remember something called Weeble Wobbles too, that were similiar to them. Great list.

capperson said...

I miss polly pockets. my niece has them running out her ears..lol

Jessica said...

Hey Jessica! It makes me SO happy that someone else remembered Polly too! It seemed like I had EVERY one. They were so easy to take everywhere!

Great post! Have a good day!

Renee said...

I still like those old school Little People. I wish my mom had kept mine.

shortmama said...

So funny that all the things that you picked are still around today! As a mom I will say that I despise Polly Pockets because of all those teeny tiny little pieces hehe

Sugarplum Garters said...

fabulous list! we would have played well together ~ so many favorites in common!

have a wonderful week!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Look at that hair on Barbie! I loved playin' Barbies :) I never did play Polly Pocket, I guess I'm too old :(

Amber Filkins said...

Great list!! Love them all! Polly Pockets was a little past my time too, but my girls play with them now. As well as Little People. LOVE!!

So glad I found your blog again! I added you on FB, and check in on you there all the time, but haven't been able to find your blog. Guess I could've just asked huh??

Jenna said...

Jessica, I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon your blog but I just had to say I had that exact same barbie! I wanted crimped hair just like she had, it was so pretty to me. One day I took her swimming and ruined it, so I tried to give her a hair cut and she ended up looking more like Ken that Barbie! Enjoyed your blog!

Jenna Thomas

Jennifer said...

O M G Polly Pocket! I totally forgot about those! I loved my polly pockets. Good list.

Jenny said...

I love your list. Polly Pockets were after my time, but I know they are pretty popular!

AndreaLeigh said...

cabbage patch kids... i love that they came with certificates. i hated the garbage pail kids though - remember those?

Tanielle said...

I love playing polly pockets now!!! They are adorable, my girls have many!!!

Great list!!! Have a great night!

jennykate77 said...

Look at the hair on that Barbie! Holy Moley! Great list! I also LOVED My Little Ponies. Remember the cartoon? It was great!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yes!

My Little Pony and Cabbage Patch were each a big part of my childhood.

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Wow, that is like Rapunzel Barbie -- look at that hair! I never played with Polly Pockets as a child but love sitting down with my daughter playing with them now (even though those little shoes always get lost, or the dogs eat them...). What a fun list!

Kelly said...

Great list. I never had a Barbie with hair like that. WOW! I could've done a zillion hairstyles on her.