Adam & I are embarking on a new journey.....Buying a house! We have just started looking and we are having fun with it so far. I hear it can be stressful but I am hoping that it goes smooth for us. We have seen a few houses and are already starting to pick up on what we like and do not like. The outside of the house is not that important. It is more of what is inside that matters to us. BUT if we were dreaming then my dream home would like one of the following:

BUT considering we dont have that kind of $$ we will probably go with something that looks a lil more like this:
As I find pictures of kitchens, closets, bedroom, bathrooms etc that I like I am going to add them so I can remember what I like as we continue to look for our "dream home"
Anyone have any advice for some 1st time home buyers?
Friday, May 29, 2009
New Venture
Posted by Jessica at 8:11 PM
Labels: buying a house, dream home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

































5 comments:
good luck on the house hunt I hope you find the perfect house.
How exciting! Good luck with everything!
XOXO
Jen
How exciting! My advice--make a list of all the things that you want in the house (ex/ big backyard, tile kitchen, etc) in the categories "absolutely must have", "would like to have", and "would be nice extras" and give that to your realtor. We did that and wouldn't even look at houses that didn't have things from the first category. My second piece of advice, work with a realtor!
This is going to be so fun! I love looking for new houses...though we've only been living in ours for a year and a half, I dream about the day we can move.
Some advice, make sure to do an inspection. The inspectors may find all kinds of damage/problems that will affect your home. You someitmes can negotiate a smaller price too.
My advice? Where is the laundry located? Hallway closet/laundry room? If it's a hallway then pass!! Where are the doors - pictures kids running in and out multiple times daily through those doors. If said door is right into your main living area? Pass again!
Those are the two biggest mistakes I made as a new home buyer - that and not upgrading my cabinets.
Best thing we did? We squeezed every construction upgrade we could onto the house. Side garage door, fireplaces, bay windows, etc. Paint is easy and cheap to upgrade and change, adding a door or bumping out a wall to add a fireplace is not!
Happy house hunting! One of my favorite pastimes!
Post a Comment