Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Salsa Recipes

Adam and I LOVE salsa. Here lately I have been trying various salsa recipes. I thought I would share them in case anyone else loves salsa as much as we do. They are very easy recipes and very cheap to make. Chances are you already have the ingredients to make these. (*I am also linking this up with The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap*)

Chili's Salsa Recipe
Found recipe at Recipezaar.com
Ingredients
  • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes & green chilies
  • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
  • 4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned,diced, not pickled)
  • 1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
  • 1/2-3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • juice from 1/2 of a lime
  • one clove of minced garlic
  • bit of fresh chopped cilantro
Directions

  • In food processor place onion and jalapenos. Process for just a few seconds
  • Add both cans of tomatoes, garlic salt, sugar, cumin, garlic, lime juice and cilantro
  • Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree
  • Place in a covered container and chill. Let chill for a couple of hours so the flavors can blend.
Makes 4 cups of salsa

**The original recipe did not call for lime juice, minced garlic and cilantro. But after reading all the reviews I decided to add that when making and it was soooo good!**


On The Border Salsa
I can not remember where I found this

Ingredients

  • 2 large Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
  • 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes (Mexican style)
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and coarsely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon cumin, to taste
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 large vidalia onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
  • 1/3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
Directions

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until blended.

Do you have any favorite salsa recipes? If so I would love to try them! Send me an email at Jess10284@gmail.com









2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yum, I LOVE homemade salsa!! I'm a big cumin fan.

momofgandj said...

I have made the chili's recipe several times with GREAT reviews!! Thanks for the post!!