Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Decisions

My husband works here.




Well he will until April the 1st. Target announced yesterday that they will be closing down their only Warehouse here in AR. 500 people are employed there and they will all loose their jobs as of April 1st. When Adam called me and told me I went completely numb. He has only worked there for a year and a half but it has been a great job. They pay very well and have really good benefits. This is a job he would not have quit.

So the employees have 1 of 2 options. Take a severance package or a relocation package to another Target warehouse in a different state. They are building a brand new Warehouse in Newton, NC. It will open in June of this year. That's the one Adam would transfer to if we choose that road. As it stands right now the relocation package would be better then the severance package. So we are seriously considering relocating. Adam has to let Target know what he wants to do by Feb 15th. This is a HUGE decision and they dont leave much time to make that decision! I am definitely in full on stress mode on what we should do. We will be doing LOTS of praying and heavy thinking during this decision process. Please keep us in your prayers as we make a life changing decision! I will keep everyone updated on what we decide. In order to stay Adam would need to find a job that would pay as well as Target. The job market here in AR is horrible right now tho. So finding something is nearly impossible. Please keep us in your prayers. Pray that we do the Lord's Will for our lifes. The last thing I want to do is be out of the Lord's Will.

7 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this difficult development. But...I can tell you with authority...the Carolinas, either one, are FABULOUS places to live. I'm a little biased but still...

Andrea Nicole said...

Jess I will be praying for you and Adam!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I will absolutely be praying! It's really nice though that they gave the option though. Man, tough decision. I'd be up for a move though I think.

Amanda said...

Hey girl, I'm so sorry that all this is happening! Sounds kind of like the probs we went through when Jeremy was thinking about re-enlisting! I know it is a very hard decision but doors opening can be very exciting! New experiences :)and they don't HAVE to be too permanent. Also, I learned that being in another state with just your husband can bring you even closer which is nice! Well we will be praying for ya'll, I just wanted to tell you some of the positives! :)

~Amanda

Missy said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you guys will make the right decision. I enjoy reading your blog and so I have passed along the Lemonade Award to you. Visit my blog to claim your Award. Have a good day!

Lisa said...

I live in AR so I know what your talking about. I'm sorry about your husbands job.... my prayers are with you guys. :)Lisa

Robin @ The Rendered Nest said...

So sorry to read about your difficulty...may the Lord surround you with His loving arms and bring wisdom, peace, and comfort.

I wanted to thank you for following my blog and to invite you to visit soon...I have a couple of new posts after being lazy for awhile! Hope to see you soon! Blessings, Robin