I have become a very bad blogger lately. Its not that there's nothing going on to blog about! Its just that things have been crazy! Adams hours at his job got cut. At first it was just 4 a week. We can handle that. Then it was 8 a week. I started to get scared after that. Well now its just a waiting game. Like last Wednesday when he went in they let him work 3 hours and then he had to go home. They "laid him off" for that night. Some of the departments are already down to 20 hours a week. I pray that does not happen to his department. So since his hours have been cut so much he has taken on a 2nd job to make up the income we will be missing. I'm so thankful that he is able to do that!
Then last Wednesday at my job they laid off 2 more people. 1 of those people being my boss! She was a great boss and I am going to miss her so very much! This is the 3rd round of layoffs I have survived in the past year. Our staff is now half of what it was 1 year ago. I am so very thankful I have somehow survived all of the lay offs. I am just not sure I will be so lucky next time. In order to not have to cut more jobs they are making us all take 1 week off without pay in the 1st Quarter. Thats not so bad for the people who have tons of vacation saved up and can just put in vacation time and still get paid. But for people like me it sucks. I dont have enough vacation time to cover a week off. So thats a bit stressful also.
I know I shouldn't complain. I know EVERYONE is feeling the effects of the troubled economy. It just sucks right now. Adam and I are doing everything we can to cut costs. Thankfully I have found some awesome blogs out there that have great money saving tips!
Here are some of my favorites:
This is an awesome blog i f you are trying to save $$ on meals. I am so glad I have come across this blog! What could be better then making a meal for under $5.00??
I just recently came across this blog so I am not all caught up on what it's about just yet. But from the looks of it I think it is quickly going to became a favorite as well!
What could be better then being Frugal AND Fabulous all at the same time?? You have to check this one out!!
I have been following this blog for awhile now. She always posts great deals she gets by shopping the ads and using coupons. She definitely inspires me to cut coupons more and look for great deals!
**Just click on any of the above buttons to go their sites**
And a few more favorites:
Cooking Like a Frugalite
Making Life Sweet One Deal at a Time
The Grocery Cart Challenge This woman is AWESOME! Her goal is to feed her family of 6 on $60.00 per week.
Go check out their blogs! If your like me and trying to cut costs and save as much money as possible you will not be dissapointed with their tips!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Im a bad blogger....
Posted by Jessica at 5:27 PM
Labels: Economy, Saving Money
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

































4 comments:
Jess--sorry to hear about the job issues! I will be keeping you and Adam both in my prayers...even in the medical field we are feeling the stress lately as well because insurance companies are dragging their feet to pay---so while they are holding on to our money--we have to be able to keep the practice going. Its always on my mind at the check out counter lately...andd Ive found myself putting back things that I really CAN live without! :)
These sound like some great blogs! I can't wait to go read some. I will definatly be praying for you and your hubby. I know how hard it is to function on a tight budget - we are living on his paycheck. You're in my prayers.
Uh, I hate to hear about the job issues. Hubs and I are going through much of the same. We are gearing up for our second round of layoffs, and his company has been doing small layoffs for awhile now. Take care and hang in there!
Hugs,
Steph
Oh, how scary. I'll pray that you and your hubby continue to have secure jobs. I know that can be a huge worry. Hang in there!
Post a Comment