Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Surgery Day

Well today Adam had some outpatient surgery done on his nose. He had a Deviated Septum. Meaning that he had 95% blockage on the right side of his nose. They put him to sleep, broke his nose, shaved his sinuses and put stints in his nose so his nose would grow back the right way. It was considered minor outpatients surgery but the recovery is not as easy as I thought it would be. It took him almost 2 hours to wake up after the surgery. Then we were there at the hospital for another hour waiting on him to feel ok about getting dressed and moving. He got sick on the way home (anesthesia had not quite worn off) When we pulled up at the house it was POURING down rain. So we ran inside. OF COURSE I forgot my purse which had the bandages for me to change out the bandage on his nose. So I have to go back outside and now it is raining so hard that you cant even see in front of you. So within a matter of me being out there 60 seconds I am SOAKED! Im talking I had to blow dry my hair and ring out my clothes thats how wet I was! So I get Adam all situated and I head to Target to get his antibiotic and his pain med. I come home and he has been throwing up still and he is very nauseas. So I called the doc who called in some phenigran to help with the nasuea. So you know what that means? Back to Target I go! I never knew the day would come when I would complain about taking 2 Target trips within the matter of hours. But The Biggest Loser was on. So I rushed to Target. When I got there it was pouring (No umbrella....) So I AGAIN get soaked running into Target. I get the prescription and rush back home in time to see the last 30 mins of The Biggest Loser.

I say all of that to say this. I really love my husband :) If you know me you know I do not deal with blood or throw up AT ALL. But today thats all I have put up with. He has been throwing up about every 2 hours and I have to vhange his bandgae on his nose every hour or so. If it was anyone else I know I would not be able to do it. But for him its ok. I still gag a bit :) But thats to be expected. He told me tonight that when I get pregnant he will be just as good to me if not better. I told him I was going to hold him to it.

If you think about it say a prayer for Adam that his recovery wont be too bad. Today has been awful but I am hoping tomorrow is not so bad. He has to be off of work for 2-3 weeks. I am fortuntate to have the opportunity to work from home the next few days so I can be here with him since he cant really do anything by himself.

On to a happier note! My friend Ashley told me about a new site tonight that she discovered Swapbot It is a list of swaps going on outside of the bloggy world. She found one that was a recipe swap and signed up and so did I. Sounds easy enough. You send recipes to 3 different people and in turn you get recipes back from 3 different people. Im always looking for new recipes so this will be fun. Deadline to sign up is February 15th. So hurry if you wanna join! You can go straight to the recipe swap page by clicking here.

3 comments:

Junior said...

Sure hope your husband recovers quickly. Lots of prayers.
Heidi

Unknown said...

oh I send adam my wishes...I went through this three months ago and it was aweful. I have never been in worse pain in my life. I was told it would be a 24 hour recovery. ha. I am strong and have a high pain tolerance...it literally took me a week to feel normal and the punched in the face feeling to go away. My nose is still sensitive if it gets bumped. However I will say as aweful as it was and the fact I couldn't breathe at all for three weeks I LOVE it and I would do it again and again and again...Hang in there. It's aweful...give him three weeks and it starts to finally get better!

Andrea said...

My husband needs the same surgery..this makes me concerned to have him do it..lol Will be praying for him to feel better fast.