Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Year End Review

January 26, 2008 I married my best friend! That was by far the best day of my life!! I could not of asked for a more beautiful wedding. I could not of asked for a more perfect groom! Adam cried pretty much the whole ceremony he was so happy. It was the sweetest thing ever!! After having the most perfect wedding ever I was pretty sure that my year would be the best ever.

But boy oh boy was I wrong....

February 26, 2008 my Mom left my Dad. That day by far is one of the worst days I have ever had! I couldnt believe that was happening. My parents had always had a great marriage (or so I thought) The past few years had been kind of rough for them (finances and such) But they were in counseling with out Preacher and his wife so I thought that they were going to work it out. They had been married for 25 years and together for almost 30! So I figured everything would be ok. Well it wasnt. There divorce was final at the end of November. I would have been able to handle their seperation and divorce alot better if it was a mutual thing. But it wasnt. My Dad did not want this at all. Just my Mom did. Thats why it made this so hard. We are all slowly but surely getting "better" but it has taken a while. Only time will heal the pain and hurt but I am so ready to be past this!

Last Family Picture-minus Adam.

Sometime in February they did a major lay off at my job. Thankfully I survived that. Then sometime in March the announcement was made that our company was being acquired by another company (hence the layoff) That was an extremely stressful day to say the least. No one knew if we would have our jobs or not. Well thankfully we all held on to our jobs for the time being. Until July when they let 3 more people go. So needless to say its been a wild roller coaster at my job. Thank God I have been able to hold onto my job as long as I have. I just hope no more lay offs are around the corner.

One of my very good friends found out that her husband had been cheating on her. They had been married for 6 years and she loved him to death! So that was a very big blow for her. Her divorce was final in November just like my parents. In October my friends Mom passed away. As if her going through all she was with her husband wasnt enough then she lost her Mom. Her year has been tough as well!

Then just this past Saturday Adam and I lost our dear friend Tamara. She had fought a long and very hard battle with Cystic Fibrosis. She had more faith then anyone I know! She was a very special person who died way to young! The only thing that helps is knowing that she is no longer in pain. She was in pain for so long. Her favorite color was pink! That girl was CRAZY about pink :) Anytime I see pink I will always think of her. She got married this summer and I will always treasure the many phone calls I received from her while she was planning her wedding. Those are very special to me....

We will miss you Tamara!!

Last Saturday was hard and then Sunday one of our other friends lost her baby. This was her 3rd miscarriage! They had just found out a few weeks prior that they would be having a baby girl. They lost her exactly 1 year to the day that they had lost their other baby. I am completely heartbroken for them! No one wants a baby more then this couple does. It kills me to know people abort babies that they dont want or dump them off somewhere after delivering but people who TRULY want a baby can not have one. I just dont understand.... Heaven received another angel baby on Sunday. Avery Brooke...

All in all 2008 was a very tough year. But I am so thankful that through it all God showed himself faithful. Even tho at times I may not feel as tho he is there I know he is. I am very thankful for my awesome husband and the great marriage that we have! Everyone says that the first year is the hardest. Well if this is the hardest year we will have then we are going to be fine!! Despite things we could not control that stressed us out this first year of marriage we have gotten along just fine and I thank God every day for that! I am also very thankful and very excited for my first niece that will be here sometime in February (If not before) I can not wait to meet Miss Raleigh Anna. I am going to be the best Aunt ever and she is going to be the most spoiled little girl! So here's to hoping for a better year in 2009! As I said to a friend the other day....If 2009 gets any worse then 2008 was I may not survive. Im sure there are a few people who could agree with me as well. :)

2 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hey girl...here's to hoping that 2009 holds much lighter and happier things for you. I'm so sorry to hear about all the hard things that you've had to walk t hrough this past year. I pray this year will be less challenging.

Gotta tell you that your wedding dress and wedding looked soooo pretty!!

And I've finally grabbed your blog button too! Sheesh, where have I been that I never grabbed it before!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

K, scratch that last statement...I grabbed your button but can't get it to load properly. It's actually not showing up for me at all. I've tried uploading it a few times. Is the html correct? Am I the only one having a problem? Arg.